Friday, October 05, 2012

Frank Lloyd Wright

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/03/arts/design/frank-lloyd-wright-house-in-phoenix-faces-bulldozers.html?_r=1&

When I was in eighth grade, I decided to be an architect when I grew up. I was enamored of Frank Lloyd Wright, and I wanted to be Howard Roark. Today I learned about this "secret" Frank Lloyd Wright house in Phoenix that was slated for demolition. It boggles my mind that there would be more FLW houses on the earth than rich people who would like to spend their money preserving and living in such fantastical, landmark domiciles. If I had loads of money, I think I would very much enjoy the hobby of collecting one-of-a-kind mid-century homes by important architects. It's hard to believe that this house, built for his son David, was "unknown" until recently. What a wonderful surprise. I hope it will not be torn down to make room for more strip malls.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home