Monday, May 24, 2010

Taking the stroller on the subway is not such a big deal if you are up for a little workout.  I love it when people ask me if I want help carrying the stroller up or down the stairs and then I smile real big and say, "no thanks, I got it."  It's so nice to have the offer, though it's usually more expedient to handle it myself.  However, since the MTA decided to cut costs and get rid of station attendants in many subway entrances, you take a gamble each time you go down the rabbit hole.  Like today, I carried the rig down two sets of stairs at a major entrance to the Union Square station, only to discover there was no attendant down there to open the special entry door.  I was starting to spin on my heel, stroller still in arms, and woefully begin the ascent to the street, when a nice gentleman read my mind and quickly said, "wait!  I'll go through the turnstile and open the door from the inside!"  What an idea!  He even waited for me to buy a new metrocard from the kiosk.  Sometimes New Yorkers are in too much of a hurry;  we are all both victims and perpetrators of road rage, subway rage, sidewalk rage, and well, just rage.  But sometimes New Yorkers can be extra sensitive to when a fellow warrior needs a little help.  Thanks, Dude.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home